Sunday, November 19, 2023

November gratitude


Thanks to all who registered for our 'Flow into Fall' yoga series through the Melrose Public Library. It was a pleasure seeing familiar faces as well as new ones. For those who joined, I hope it brought a sense of relaxation and balance into your day and that some of the resources I shared were helpful to carry you through the next few months. I've really been enjoying honoring the seasons and weaving nature connections within the practice of yoga. We are in the planning stages for a 'Winter into Spring'  session next year. 

I couldn't have asked for a better 'Yoga for Strength' group hosted by the Saugus YMCA. Sharing 7 weeks of a progressive beginner strength program challenged me as a teacher, I was definitely out of my comfort zone but went for it anyway. At the end of the session, I recorded a ~60 minute Yoga for Strength (putting it all together) class on my private YouTube. If you are interested in receiving the link to the class, just let me know and I'll send it along. I continue to practice strength training 2-3 times a week at home and through local classes at the YMCA branches, maybe I'll see you there?

In December I'll be heading out to Kripalu with yoga friends from the Milano Senior Center. I haven't been part of organizing a yoga retreat in years! I'm so looking forward to enjoying a few days of rest at Kripalu surrounded by the beauty of the Berkshires in late fall. 

Monday morning Chair Yoga (11a-12n) in Wakefield at the McCarthy Senior Center will continue as well as Thursday morning Gentle Yoga (8:45a-9:45a) and Chair Yoga (10a-11a) in Melrose at the Milano Senior CenterParticipants must be 60+, those living in surrounding towns and cities are welcome.

My husband made me a little free library back in 2018. The kindness of friends and neighbors over the last couple years has been heartwarming. In addition to an amazing collection of book donations, I frequently get stopped for chats and thanks regarding the library, I'm told it's a favorite in the area. I also receive many notes and kindness rocks. Last week a batch of rocks with painted flowers showed up with the words "Love You", others were labeled as a "Hug Stone". I'm lucky to find great books right outside my door and this week I started reading 'Hope in the Dark' by Rebecca Solnit. In the book, the author writes that hope can be an act of defiance and an embrace of the unknown. Even though it was written in 2006, the content holds space for our current moments in history. I'll leave you with a quote to lead from the heart inspiring courage and action as we all keep going.
 

I am so grateful for being able to teach affordable and accessible yoga in my community. 
Thank you for being there and for showing up.
Wishing you all a beautiful week of thanksgiving. 

Warmly,
Michelle 

P.S. I attended my first Deepavali (Diwali) celebration with friends from Nepal and it was full of light, joy and celebration. I'm sharing their beautiful diyas (clay oil lamp) of Ganesh ~ remover of obstacles and symbol of new beginnings, light over darkness and wisdom over ignorance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment