Sunday, August 27, 2023

Fall Yoga + a NEW Guided Meditation!

"We're all golden sunflowers inside."

Allen Ginsberg

I will be teaching a 'Yoga for Strength' class on Monday mornings at the Saugus YMCA starting September 11, 9:15a-10:15a. This class will run through October 23. Join me for 7 weeks of a hatha yoga practice using weights, blocks, chairs and resistance bands to build strength, mobility, balance and endurance. This is a great transition class to begin to bring increased weight and impact training into your movement patterns in a progressive way. For more information, please visit the Saugus YMCA webpage.


I will continue to teach Yoga every Thursday morning (8:45a) and Chair Yoga (10a) in Melrose at the Milano Senior Center as well as Monday morning Chair Yoga (11a) in Wakefield at the McCarthy Senior Center starting after Labor Day. Senior yoga is for those 60+ living in surrounding towns and cities are welcome.


This fall I'm looking forward to sharing another 4-week ZOOM series hosted by The Melrose Public Library. Flow into Fall starts October 17, 11a-12n. Many of you know the MPS is under construction and we have limited space to offer in-person community yoga. I'm grateful we are all comfortable with the ZOOM platform and we can share in the beautiful transition of fall from the comfort of our homes. Registration opens October 11.

Yoga Sub Classes:
I've been enjoying filling in as I can for the Melrose, Saugus, Peabody, and Lynn YMCA's. If you are a member, check the group exercise schedules for any updates.

Also, check out my newest guided meditation on Insight Timer!  
'Moving With The Breath' is a versatile meditation that may be enjoyed as an energizing practice upon waking or a calming practice before going to sleep. 
Listen here!

Please reach out with any questions or inquiries.
Michelle 

I've been making nature mandalas since 2020. Mandala is a Sanskrit word meaning both "circle" and "center" representing the visible world around us and the invisible world within us. This months mandala symbolized my love for sunflowers. The strength in the stalk and the bright, yellow petals unfolding toward the sun offer hope, strength and happiness. I choose new moon times as a way to place intention and ritual in my life by creating beauty with what is surrounding me in the season, moment and environment I am in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment