Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Connection, Belonging, & Community

Brené Brown defines connection as "the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship."

Since December 2020, I've been sharing online yoga classes as a way to offer resources and support during difficult times. I find the practices of moving, breathing, and meditating helpful for bringing balance into work, school, and day to day schedules. As a nurse and mother I understand the energy it takes to care for others. Over the years, I have found value in the wellness practices of reiki, yoga, and meditation as a necessity for prioritizing compassionate care to myself and continue to be a source of help to others. My experience practicing and teaching yoga is about connection, belonging, and community. It is an act of giving and receiving, holding space for others, encouraging slower paced movement options, quiet moments and rest.

It is my hope that you will continue to stay in touch as my classes shift and change as everything in life does. As the weather warms and my kids' activities increase, I feel it is important to transition my offerings outside, gathering safely for in-person classes. April will be the last month I offer weekly, live, online classes for a while. 
I will continue to record movement inspiration videos on my YouTube channel and guided meditations on Insight Timer.

Please join me for class this week where we will focus on stability through standing poses, adding in twists using blocks. 
My aim is to offer a dynamic yoga experience combining props and moving in different ways.

Spring Yoga series via the Zoom platform Wednesday evening from 7p-8:15pm ET. Classes are pay-as-you-can ($5-15). You can sign up for class via PayPal (click "send" and add your $). If you are having issues with the link, or you don't have a Paypal account, please email me (heronyoga@gmail.com)

Please sign up via PayPal or let me know you want to attend class by 6p. 
I'll send the zoom link by 6pm on Wednesday with class details.
Once you pay for class, members of your family/friends are welcome to attend. 

Looking ahead, there will be no class on 4/20/22 (Spring Break!)
FREE Guided Meditation 4/27/22 from my home to yours. 
This is a special online event where I highlight organizations that are doing amazing work in the world and honor the gift of giving back to my community. 

Library Yoga on the lawn, in-person classes late May, early June (details to follow). 

Yoga at The Milano Center on Thursday mornings. The 9am class is a mindful mat class and the 10a class is yoga with a chair. Participants must be 60+ and register in advance, those living in surrounding towns and cities are welcome. 

Hope to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment