Sunday, March 20, 2022

Spring Yoga 2022

 

"There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature - 
the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter."
Rachel Carson

Recently, I gathered with friends outside to make a nature mandala. Our intention was to offer support and healing through the gift of presence. We collected rocks, pinecones, moss, evergreens, dried flowers and herbs, placed them with care in a circle pattern where it would be seen and felt as a source of strength. I've been thinking of the beauty of that morning, remembering how we hold the power of intention in every moment of our days. It's been an inspiration to reflect back and see how small acts of thoughtfulness can shift my overall mood and outlook. With the arrival of spring, I see the repeated refrains as Rachel Carson says and find comfort and perseverance in nature's transitions to keep going and growing.


Since December 2020 I've been sharing my yoga practice online with family, friends, my community, and beyond to find space in our days to move, breathe, and rest. The intention behind this class is similar to the nature mandala above, to offer support and healing through the power of connection. This will be the second spring I'll share an evening class from my home to yours.

Please join me for a Spring Yoga Series via the Zoom platform starting on 3/23/22 Wednesday evening from 7p-8:15pm ET. Classes are pay-as-you-can ($5-15). You can sign up for class via PayPal (click "send" and add your $). If you are having issues with the link, or you don't have a Paypal account, email me (heronyoga@gmail.com).

Please sign up via PayPal or let me know you want to attend class by 6p. 
I'll send the zoom link by 6pm on Wednesday with class details.
Once you pay for class, members of your family/household/friends are welcome to attend. 

We will be using props as tools within the yoga practice to provide choices, challenges and fresh perspectives. Blocks, straps, resistance bands, and weights are great props to have available over the next few weeks for future classes. If using weights is new to you, start with 3 or 5 lb. options. I'll be using the 'dumbbell' weight in class and the heavier cork blocks as it helps with grip strength and grounding. Resistance bands and weights are inexpensive but creativity with household items can also be fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment