Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Reiki, Meditations, Inspirations + Summer Solstice


Happy Summer Solstice!

Thanks to all who joined me earlier this month for our reiki meditation. We had a nice turnout with a good mix of those who were new to reiki and some who have an established reiki practice. It was a beautiful 20 minute virtual practice that started with a few rounds of reiki light breath followed up with self holding techniques. So many of you sent me messages expressing interest but were unable to make the scheduled zoom time. I am so happy I decided to record it and can send this beautiful moment of peace and calm for you to practice anywhere, anytime!  Email: heronyoga@gmail.com for the video. No reiki experience necessary, just follow along and enjoy!

Since today is the summer solstice I'm sharing Soften & Shine, a guided meditation I wrote honoring the transition of spring into summer. Finding moments in our days to relax our body and release responsibility from our minds is so important for our health. All biological functions occur rhythmically, our heartbeats, the rise and fall of our breath, the ups and downs of our hormones, our sleeping cycles and more. Our bodies are like nature with its cycles of light and darkness, warmth and cold, changing seasons, the sun and the moon. If we give ourselves time and attention, the connections begin to harmonize. 

With all that is continuing to go on in our world, I find that listening to others reflect on how to keep going brings me hope in difficult times. So, as I catch up on some of my favorite podcasts, I thought I would share this episode from On Being called To Be a Healer with Dr. Vivek Murthy. Many of you know I am a nurse and work with patients at the bedside. I have had the pleasure of working with many amazing practitioners in my career, but Dr. Vivek Murthy stands out as one of those hard to forget doctors. I met him almost 20 years ago while working overnight in a small community hospital. It's a gift that he is our nation's leader in health and wellness.  I love that Dr. Murthy prioritizes mental health care and supports the benefits of meditation as an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. 

This summer I am only teaching 2 Thursday morning yoga classes at the Melrose Senior Center.

Here's to making space in our days for rest, joy, fun, adventure and holding light. 

Wishing you all a wonderful summer with your families and friends!

With love and care,
Michelle

1 comment: