Monday, December 5, 2022

December is here!


December is here! 
All is calm, all is quiet?



This month can feel hurried and rushed with all its hustle and bustle which may bring up feelings of stress and overwhelm. When we can find time in our days for self care it helps to bring in a sense of ease, allowing us to joyfully linger longer within the bright spots of the season. Sharing moments of slower movement and extended rest is one of my favorite ways to practice yoga. Inviting time and space into your life to just be and breathe in your body and mind is the best gift you can give yourself over the holidays. Thanks to those who showed up for gentle yoga and guided meditation last week. For those that missed it, you can listen to 'unfold & unwind', my fall into winter guided meditation as well as other meditations I wrote here. Over the last 2 years, I've published a few of my meditations to Insight Timer, which is a free website where you can listen to many different meditations from people all over the world. If you do find time to listen, I would appreciate a follow and any feedback in the form of a rating or a comment (I welcome constructive feedback! Everything is a work in progress:-). This helps to boost visibility of my meditations on the website, so more people can access it. Every experience listening to a meditation feels different for me depending on where I'm at in my life, so take what you need and leave the rest. 

I am thinking about offering another zoom yoga series this winter and have been researching how and what I want to share. Many of you know, I've been enjoying classes that continue to build strength, mobility, and balance. I can feel my body changing as I age and continuing to practice yoga the same way I did 20 years ago isn't possible. I must learn how to adapt into these changes as a necessity for maintaining the functional movements that keep me upright, walking, working, and doing all the things I enjoy. As much as I love a good stretch, stretching alone is not serving my body any increased benefits for longevity. Strength is what protects us as we age, it is what gives us resiliency. More to come this winter!

In addition, I hope to offer another free gentle yoga and guided meditation zoom. 
Stay tuned in the next few months for 'Rest & Restore', as winter starts to wane. 

In the meantime, I've (finally!) uploaded a new 'Fall Flow' yoga video to my YouTube page. It is a ~50 minute practice that blends relaxing and energizing poses honoring these last few weeks of fall. Quiet pauses and reiki techniques are presented to remind us to slow down between moments of transitions. 

I'll continue to meet in-person for my senior yoga classes in Wakefield and Melrose on Monday and Thursday mornings. I look forward to these sessions so much for connection and community. Maybe I'll find another in-person location in 2023 to share more offerings with others, but for now the online classes bring those who live farther away closer and I'm enjoying that.

Sending love and care for a spacious and relaxing holiday season.
Warmly,
Michelle 


No comments:

Post a Comment