Monday, September 17, 2012

Transitions

September is a time of transition for me and many others. There is a settling back into the rhythm of life, schedule and routine.  It feels good to fall back in line and proceed strong and sure.  With the complications and details that exist in our everyday lives, the best way to cope is to attempt to make it easy, to go with the flow.  Keep things simple, clear and feeling free.  Even with the unexpected, broken down cars, delays in work, stress can build when things don't go as planned.  But life can be liberating in the challenges, enjoyable and spontaneous in its true essence if you open yourself up to the day and let it unfold.


"Beneath the one who is busy is one who is not busy."


At the beginning of this month, I started a new job.  Even though I have many years experience in my field, I still feel the sense of settling and adjustment that comes with a new environment and new people.  The job is more challenging in many ways, but opening to a new way to do old tasks is refreshing.  I focus into this moment, observing and being present.  I don't create stress in my head over things that need to get done at work or at home.  Stay true, do the best you can, follow through, but don't take on more than you can handle.  Sometimes, it's okay to not do it all.  Creating this shift in my perception feels as if a weight has been lifted.  

One of my yoga teachers says, "Take the day inside of you, feel it, breathe it and let it radiate out from within you." Taking the time to notice and be in your environment, wind or rain, snow or shine.
Finding balance in life is a constant struggle, when I look back on these years, I want to remember the everyday blessings of being with my boys.  Driving away from them to go to work is already hard, when I come home I focus on being fully present in their lives.  I want them to remember being together, laughing, playing, talking and snuggling.  Enjoy the time we have, connect with nature, feel the seasons change.  When I was young, time seemed to move more slowly. I want my boys to linger and find joy in their lives.  In this culture of busyness, it is the quiet moments of inactivity that are longed for.



TRANSITION 
It is the gap of transition that shakes us.  Those moments before true movement has been achieved, that bring us to a level of uncertainty.  Let us embrace those moments when change has not yet come.  In quiet mindful moments the transition shall appear.  As we open up our hearts to the silence, we are now willing to hear.
R. Masiewicz



No comments:

Post a Comment